Re: [armyradios] Group Bidding

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 14:28:44 PST

Charles M. wrote:

> It is helpful, IMHO, to know what has been considered illegal, when
> trying to avoid entanglements. Just because it sounds okay, doesn't
> mean someone else doesn't want to make you an example.

IMO, there is absolutely NO CONNECTION WHATSOEVER between what is 'legal' and
what is just
or right. Two examples:

Every day I get multiple spams with obvious 'pump & dump' stock scams. I report
every one
to several authorities, without ANY result whatever..... yet Martha Stewart
goes to jail
for a similar allegation.

Every day I also get spas advertising unlimited quantities of all kinds of
drugs... and
the same night a local DA is on the news busting some poor sap for selling much
smaller
lots prescription drugs. Recently I had to do w/o some prescribed drugs because
my doctor
forgot to renew a 'script. Legal?? a pile of horse output, IMO.

We've all heard of people having problems with the government because some spare
part was
not accounted for with the proper paperwork, but Halliburton looses millions of
dollars or
our stuff and no one gives a damn. Thank goodness I gave up on government sales
decades
ago.

FWIW,
-John