Re: [MV] HELP WITH NOMENCLATURE/WW2/dodge

From: Dan Maguire (dmaguire@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 21:29:40 PST

Not an expert and can offer no easy answer, but...

I would think that the production statistics disprove the C=year theory
right off, as the WCs stretched across the war. I have seen WC="weapons
carrier" too, but question it because the precursor was the VC (and VF
and VK) and V, of course, comes immediately before W - VC would have to
stand for *something*, and that would certainly be coincidental. Your
non-weapons carrier point is shared too.

Gordon McMillan has a listing of all known remaining V-series vehicles
that could suggest that the C/F/K were load ratings in the V-series.
The WC-51 and higher shoot that theory all to heck for the W-series,
though. Gordon might be the best person on this earth to ask.

I bet those Blackwater people know - just kidding!

If you haven't, check out:
http://www.gwim2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/vc200401.htm
http://ww2dodge.com/models/index.php
which are both part of great main pages.

Take care,
Dan
Auburn, IN