RE: [MV] Radio equip question m-1008

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 11:58:27 PST

Hi
Yes that is all related to the radio system setup.

The government acquisition prices quoted in the sales are many times total
vaporware. I would not rely on them for anything. There were different
prices for M1008 trucks depending on the options they came with, including
shelter carrier options, radios etc. The radios alone would have added
over 15K to the Aq price. The RT524 radio by itself ran over 8K. They are
all 1 1/4 ton rated trucks. (Mil Off Road Rating). The shelter carriers
were rated higher but they are M1031's etc. not M1008 although they look the
same from a quick observation.

Later
Glenn