RE: [MV] Next Visit To 7/Eleven...

From: Doc (roughdoc@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 13:07:32 PST

Walter Reed is just one of many places that our wounded heroes are being
treated at. I've been part of Operation Restore Faith since almost the
beginning, and we've sent tons of stuff to Landstuhl in Germany as well as
Walter Reed.

We have around 200 soldiers here in our medical hold company at Fort Gordon
(home of Eisenhower Army Medical Center) and a similar number that exceeds
the Army's capacities so they are at the local VA Hospital.

Phone cards are high on their lists. We're trying to get a Christmas party
together for them next week. We were arranging a Christmas dinner in local
volunteer's homes, but the soldiers thought that they would be uncomfortable
in someone elses home.

Obviously the Army is trying to get them mobile for the holidays so that
they can spend some time at home. I'm trying to get a number of how many
will physically be in the hospital for Christmas and organize something for
them.

Doc