eBay fraud info

From: Jack (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 15:14:04 PST

eBay is loaded with scammers working the automotive
section. Beware. I turned 15 frauds in the past 3
weeks.

Here is a response I got today from a 4x4 in quiry.
Real slick. Tip: They always require "pre-approved
bidders" usually offer free shipping and have a real
low price.

"Hello,

My name is Alexander. l'm sales representative for a
small dealer located in Rome, Italy. We are
specialized in reselling used vehicles and the major
part of the items in our showroom are imported from
USA. We like to have well informed customers and l
will try to present you all the details related to the
product, costs, shipping and payment.

Product info's:

The product you are interested in is US model,
complies with US standards and comes with all the
producer supplied manuals. lt is in perfect
condition,well maintained and has no hidden defects.
ln other words it is simply immaculate. The firm price
we are asking is US $4,000 no extra charges, no hidden
costs involved. Only $4,000 USD and you be able to
ride your new UTV. The history of this product is
simple, we bought it from an American seller with the
intention to resell it in ltaly. Unfortunately, after
the purchase was completed a major problem occured. We
found out that the product doesn't comply with the
ltalian standards and can't be registered in ltaly.
What could we do? The only solution was to try to sell
it back to customers from USA or Canada and we listed
on www.ebay.com. Two weeks ago the UTV reached Rome
but it looks like it has to turn back home.
This is one of four UTV's left for sale in our
showroom, same story for all of them. We are facing
facing major financial problems and we need to cover
our debts within 30 days. This is the reason why we
come this price. lt is way below the real value of
this machine but we think on long term, a little loss
now will give us the opportunity to pay our debts, to
keep the business running and to earn good money in
the future.
lf you need more details regarding the specifications
of this model please check the producer's website.

Shipping info's:

The carrier we accept is Lufthansa Air Cargo and we
will cover the shipping fees and the insurance. We
will use Lufthansa Air Cargo service which provides
fast, seamless shipping. They will pick up the product
from Rome and drop it at your door. This is a
door-to-door service, you won't have to pick it up
from the closest international airport. Remember, no
shipping charges for you as in the following formula:

Carrier: Lufthansa Air Cargo

Transit time: 5 business days

Buyer's shipping cost: $0

Buyer's insurance cost: $0

Total buyer's cost: $0

Payment info's:

We, both seller and buyer, will minimize our financing
costs by using a secure payment formula through ebay
as third party. They will cover all the aspects of the
transaction process including a special insurance
contract that protects you against all kinds risks
that can occure.This is one of the most performant
selling systems in use today. More, we offer you the
chance to test the product and to convince yourself
that it is excellent condition. Starting from the
exact day the shipping co. will drop the machine at
your door you'll have 48 hours to inspect it. Upon the
testing period you'll send ebay your decision. lf
you'll accept the product we will receive the funds
and the transaction will be successfully completed.

lf you agree all the terms and want to proceed with a
safe and fast transaction please forward me your
details (name, shipping address and phone# ) and we
will contact ebay to arrange our contract.

Thank you.

Alexander
71 Via Milazzo
Rome,00185