Re: [MV] discussion on HUEY for sale

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 21:18:53 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Zehr" <jimm1009@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 11:55 AM
Subject: [MV] discussion on HUEY for sale

> A Garlick certified machine is the best of all
> existing type certificates for the HUEY series
> aircraft.

I see Garlick itself was bidding on that second Montana machine (i.e., not
the complete one) but got out around the $13,500 mark. Since the thing is
literally in their backyard and they're so very obviously a big part of the
post-military Huey world - you'd figure they'd know the value of every nut,
bolt, screw and washer on the beast down to the penny. Not sure I can say
the same for the eventual winner though, especially given that the final
price for it was something like $47,000 plus the GL commission on top of
that. (Hmm. Maybe we can interest him in a slightly-used M35A3??) Eh,
maybe he just likes Hueys or flew that serial number in 'Nam or wasn't doing
anything with that second mortgage money anyway, sooo.....

The 150K machine received no bids right through closing, but does anyone
know what the white, stripped ex-USAF UH-1P went for down in California? It
had no bids right up until I started paying more attention to the Montana
ones, and when I went back to check -- no listing. Vanished.

As much as I like them, $47,000 bucks buys a lot of M925s and other, more
useful military things - so maybe I'll wait until..Donald Trump...retires
his bidder's card for a sale or two. Or ask Santa to stuff one under the
tree.