Mail Fraud

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 12:23:26 PST

Several years ago I ordered some items from a place of business in
Chicago, all I got was the front cardboard from package.

Went to post office and complained, package was insured.
I made claim, which got me a visit from postal inspector.
I made NO claim of fraud just wanted my stuff.
 The inspectors only contact with shipper was to ask for picture/description
of item.
 It was 10 intricately machined pieces of steel....
They found them in post office in Chicago where package had been torn open,
by accident.
In conversation with inspector he said they were vigorous in investigation
of people who ship empty packages - of course this was 20 years ago, who
knows about today...

Everette