RE: [MV] How do youInstall new track on a Halftrack

From: Nigel Hay -MILWEB (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 05:47:53 PST

>From memory you dont need to take the outer ring off....it may be better to
put it back on. I have done a track change by the side of the road when an
M5 shed a track it takes about 40 mins depending on who you have to
help.....

You need transfer case in neutral and a big wrecking bar ( about 5feet) and
a smaller one about 18inches.

You need to compress the bogies. Take off the top roller assy off the
casting ( it cant be done unless you do this), then use a ratchet strap over
the casting and around the bogies to pull up the bogies so they are as high
as possible ( no need to try to compress the volute spring)

Get the track fully onto the driving axle and then (making sure its
facing the right way!) force feed it onto the rolling sprocket with the pry
bars - you need someone to turn the drive sprocket keeping his fingers out
of the way.

Hope this helps, you are in for a fun time! I doubt if this can be done
alone

NIGE