M35 sustained speed? (M756 too)

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 13:33:03 PST

Greetings gang. I'm looking for an opinion on running the deuce on the
highway. My deuce tractor is a strong runner and has no problems running 55 even
towing 20,000#. Seems like it likes that 52 to 55 MPH range. I've heard folks
say that they won't last long running like that. I've put a little over 12,000
miles on the little guy and lots were on the highway, loaded and 55. Just
looking for opinions on whether or not long term problems can develop from this.
On a side note, I'll be taking delivery of my pipeline truck next week (or at
least a portion of it). Take a look at the pics and see whats left. You can see
from some of these pics that the powerpack, winch assy and front axle have
all been stripped. The body is shot but all the numbers match and the bed is 95%
complete. Has a pretty nice wiring harness too except where the butchers
chopped out a few wires under the hood. Along with the remains of the truck I also
got a bare cab in great shape and a hood and right fender. Long term project
but certainly worth it. Here's the link.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v460/Recovry4x4/M756A2/