Re: [MV] "Hop Sing" OT

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 17:48:26 PST

Damn straight Tom!

Wayback Machine time, Sherman!!! Set it for Television late 50's early
60's....

    Life of Riley (What a revolting development this is!), Phil Silvers
show with Sgt. Bilko and the calorically challenged Pvt. Doberman, Amos and
Andy...
    How about Kodiak (Keenan Wynn) in 'The Troubleshooters' tv series, his
young protégé 'Slats' and their jeeps and construction equipment...when they
were building a tunnel or road somewhere in Europe in the fifties and busted
open an old Nazi Bunker that had troops inside that didn't know the war had
ended 10 years or so before.
    Whirlybirds tv show with Chuck and PT and their Bell 47 erector set
chopper?
    Cannonball? .... Mike Malone and his kid Butch driving a cabover tractor
trailer rig all over the USA and Canada....
    "Barreling down the highway, Wheeling right along. Hear the tires
humming, humming out a song. The rumble of the diesel, The shifting of the
gears. The rhythm when he's rolling, It's music to his ears. Cannonball !
Cannonball !
    Any kind of weather, Any time of day. When the rig is ready, He'll be on
his way. He'll carry any cargo, He'll go anywhere. Name the destination, And
brother, he'll be there. Cannonball ! Cannonball !" ?
    Rat Patrol in black and white?
    12 O'clock High, pre-color?
    Rescue 8 with Wes Cameron (Jim Davis, way before Jock Ewing and Dallas)
and Skip (anyone remember his last name?) and their Carryall full of neat
stuff.
    Sea Hunt with Mike (Lloyd Bridges) Nelson and the "Argonaut"?
   Lincoln Vail and his airboat in the show 'Everglades' ?
  Capt. Benedict from the Gallant Men?
 Capt. Dan Matthews in Highway Patrol, saying '10-4' and chucking that big
old mike back on the front seat of his patrol car? Was it just me or did it
seem to you like he was just a red hair thickness away from going postal on
his underlings?
    Walter Cronkite with the 20th Century on Sunday Nights?
    And the show that go me hooked on MVs, 0600 on Saturday Mornings, THE
BIG PICTURE!

    No Fear Factor or Anna Nicole Smiths to barf over, just good clean TV.
    Can ya tell I spent a little too much time in front of the idiot
box......Nows I gots da indernet!

Ron