Re: Another M35 Shorty This ones on ebay..

From: Brian Placzankis (plaz@mac.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 09:36:02 PST

On Tuesday, December 14, 2004, at 09:40AM, Joe wrote:

>My GM dealer informed me that the padded replacement dash
>will soon be discontinued. They're making the best of it,
>though, with a much higher price on what they have. Up
>almost a hundred bucks!

That one doesn't bother me so much because unless they improved them, the OEM ones would still be vinyl and vinyl still CRACKS whereas the repro dash pads are Polyurethane based and much less susceptible to cracking from UV.

>>What is a padded dash for am M35?
>My mistake. I thought the reference to a fleetside was
>for an M1008. I didn't realize any M35's had a fleetside.

Actually, no mistake, the reference was indeed for M1008 OEM Fleetside bed body panels. The reason we have crossed our MV's is because of the M35 owner who ALREADY crossed his MV's by using a gorgeous M1008 bed on his M35. Follow the "Another M35 Shorty This ones on ebay.. " thread backwards to see the link to that interesting hybrid eBay item. I just commented how it was ironic that the M35 could have such a nice CUCV bed when I can't even find a bed for my own CUCV that is free of DRMO/GL "Forklift Disease".

plaz
1985 M1008