Army Rank and Mutt Question

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 12:29:17 PST

What do you call a Sergeant 1st Class (E-7), can't
call him 1st Sgt. can you? 1st Sgt. is up another
rank. If somebody made E-7 within 7 years is that
pretty good or about avergage? Also I heard an E-7
can't be demoted unless its by a general officer. Is
that right? Just curious.

Next, checking my Mutt over I popped off the
distributor cap and noticed there were 3 wires going
to the coil, not two like on my old distributor. I
couldn't see under the point cover and didn't feel
like fiddling with the clip to get it off, so being
lazy I thought I would just ask the Mutt experts here.

What is the 3rd wire for to the coil? I see its
connected to the positive side of the coil. Does this
mean I have an electronic ignition, not points???

Jack