Re: [MV] "Hop Sing" OT

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 15:53:08 PST

--- Ron <rojoha@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Damn straight Tom!
>
> Wayback Machine time, Sherman!!! Set it for
> Television late 50's early
> 60's....
>
> Life of Riley (What a revolting development this
> is!), Phil Silvers
> show with Sgt. Bilko and the calorically challenged
> Pvt. Doberman, Amos and
> Andy...
> How about Kodiak (Keenan Wynn) in 'The
> Troubleshooters' tv series, his
> young protégé 'Slats' and their jeeps and
> construction equipment...when they
> were building a tunnel or road somewhere in Europe
> in the fifties and busted
> open an old Nazi Bunker that had troops inside that
> didn't know the war had
> ended 10 years or so before.
> Whirlybirds tv show with Chuck and PT and their
> Bell 47 erector set
> chopper?
> Cannonball? .... Mike Malone and his kid Butch
> driving a cabover tractor
> trailer rig all over the USA and Canada....
> "Barreling down the highway, Wheeling right
> along. Hear the tires
> humming, humming out a song. The rumble of the
> diesel, The shifting of the
> gears. The rhythm when he's rolling, It's music to
> his ears. Cannonball !
> Cannonball !
> Any kind of weather, Any time of day. When the
> rig is ready, He'll be on
> his way. He'll carry any cargo, He'll go anywhere.
> Name the destination, And
> brother, he'll be there. Cannonball ! Cannonball !"
> ?
> Rat Patrol in black and white?
> 12 O'clock High, pre-color?
> Rescue 8 with Wes Cameron (Jim Davis, way before
> Jock Ewing and Dallas)
> and Skip (anyone remember his last name?) and their
> Carryall full of neat
> stuff.
> Sea Hunt with Mike (Lloyd Bridges) Nelson and
> the "Argonaut"?
> Lincoln Vail and his airboat in the show
> 'Everglades' ?
> Capt. Benedict from the Gallant Men?
> Capt. Dan Matthews in Highway Patrol, saying '10-4'
> and chucking that big
> old mike back on the front seat of his patrol car?
> Was it just me or did it
> seem to you like he was just a red hair thickness
> away from going postal on
> his underlings?
> Walter Cronkite with the 20th Century on Sunday
> Nights?
> And the show that go me hooked on MVs, 0600 on
> Saturday Mornings, THE
> BIG PICTURE!
>
> No Fear Factor or Anna Nicole Smiths to barf
> over, just good clean TV.
> Can ya tell I spent a little too much time in
> front of the idiot
> box......Nows I gots da indernet!
+++++++++
NOw, you've forgotten the show Combat and ROY ROGERS!!
  And, yes, even Hawaii Five-oh.

Those to the good side.

Then put Beverly Hills 90210, Friends, or Party of
Five to be included on the "bad" side.

And don't forget that the Roy Rogers show had a
Historic MV in it probably way before any other
Hollywood production did!

Joe