Military Justice?The rest of the story

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 12:13:05 PST

If I was there I would be the guy striping the parts so I'm all for that.
But there is always more to the story. The Media is inflating the story but
not the way you think. They are saying the soldiers are convicted for
scrounging the parts and while they may have been charge with that too the
bigger charges are theft, destruction of Army property and conspiracy. They
just didn't take some parts they took the trucks, used them and then
"Instead of taking the trucks back to their rightful owners, the first thing
was erasing the identity marks and dumping them off at bases," Lt. Col.
Wicker said. "They destroyed it. They did the enemy's job. ... Those trucks
could be used for other units." And while I don't have all the names, one of
them was the 656th's company commander, Major Cathy Kaus, and the chief
warrant officer, Darrell Birt, two you would think would know better. But
I'm not there and all I know is from reading more that the first paragraph
so there may still be more to come. Wayne