Re: [MV] Military Justice? My story

From: Ken Boge (ken@clovermachine.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 13:45:35 PST

Back in '69 my Battery CO told the clerk to take his jeep and drive me into
Saigon to do some business. Parked the jeep and paid a kid to watch it for
$.50. When we got back the radio was gone. Big radio worth many thousands
I'm sure. Going to take me years to pay this off. Went to MP station to
report stolen radio. They said get out'a here we're busy. That evening
went to hotel parking lot and cruised the lot looking for jeep with similar
radio. Found one. Jeep has red "license plate" with two gold stars on it.
Figured owner of jeep makes more money than I do. Take him less time to
pay it off. Took radio and went back to battery. Clerk changed records to
reflect new serial number. Haven't caught us yet!

Ken

> If I was there I would be the guy striping the parts so I'm all for that.
> But there is always more to the story. The Media is inflating the story
but
> not the way you think. They are saying the soldiers are convicted for
> scrounging the parts and while they may have been charge with that too the
> bigger charges are theft, destruction of Army property and conspiracy.
They