RE: [MV] Questions on some vehicles...

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 08:53:01 PST

Mike:

I've got a few M37's and other trucks. No info on macks or M38 stuff, but I
would check out the forum and other links at www.g503.com for jeep stuff if
I had one.

As for the M37, the old website was bigelectric.com but there is a new M37
forum at www.g741.org that is based on the old bigelectric forum. Good info
can be found just reading the old posts there. In fact, last time I looked
over there, I seem to recall that someone had figured out a new way to
intall power steering on the M37, using a gearbox that was more common than
the semi-expensive reverse-rotation saginaw unit. If you have no clue as to
what I'm talking about, then I'm certain that you'll find the g741 forum to
be very useful.

also, try www.uglytruckling.com for M37 brake, engine, and power steering
upgrades.

For M37 and dodge (M880) parts, there are lots of very good suppliers, many
of whom reply to posts on this list. I have only used a few of them, but I
would recommend ablinn, sid beck, john at midwest military, and adirondack
dodge parts, just to name a few that come to mind quickly. I apologize to
anyone I left out, as there are some really fantastic people that post to
this list, and I'm sure to have inadvertently omitted someone.

If you really need dodge parts and price is of no concern, then the guys at
vintage power wagons or memphis equipment can typically find what you need
for the right amount of money.

Good luck and have fun fixing those old trucks!!

-JBS