Re: [MV] Cold weather trip

From: JoeYoungInc@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 13:41:49 PST

Bjorn,
The way it's set up, you have a more true accounting of how long the motor has been active. This is then used to do engine maintenance. I think, but far from sure, that the military schedules an oil analysis at 100 hours (could be 200). Going by the hour meter is far more accurate than mileage. A truck could be in 3rd gear on a long convoy vs. a truck on the highway in 5th for the same amount of time. The convoy truck would have a lot more "mileage" on its motor, calling for an oil and filter change sooner. Since
my big trucks are fairly inactive, I just do PM once a year.
Joe