Re: [MV] Battery Tenders; tips?

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 22:03:54 PST

I had a 24V trickle charger across two unknown 12V batteries in my MUTT. I went out in the garage
one morning to a terrible smell and found one battery empty and the fuse blown on the charger.
I installed 2 Delco freedom batteries in the MUTT and put a timer on the trickle charger so that it
comes on for 8 hrs. every seven days and haven't had a problem.
I like to use 24V because I can connect to the slave connector.

Buzz