News from the former USSR.

From: Nikolay Panov (patio@mail.ru)
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 12:43:08 PST

    Hallo all.
    I did not write here posts long time. Some events have passed without my comments. I hope, I shall not distract you from important business.
    Some time back (up to presidential elections) in Ukraine has been lifted from a bottom of lake the tank Sherman. I have no photos of this tank now. My business trip to Ukraine is not desirable now because of events in this country.

    I want to correct a mistake which has admitted Mr. Pat Ware, editor Classic Military Vehicle magazine" on a website:
http://www.cmvmag.co.uk/cgi-bin/news.cgi?article=040203

    Nickolay Panov tells us that his Belarus club has recently completed the recovery and restoration to running condition of a Soviet T-34/76 tank from Estonia - the tank had served in Germany before it was drowned.
    The Club has also recovered and restored a German Hetzer self-propelled gun and this now appears in the Kubinka museum. The recovery can seen at www.kubinka.ru/archive/video/2.MPG and www.kubinka.ru/archive/video/1.MPG, with further info on the museum here (in russian).

I wrote on List armour" 19.10.2003.
    In Estonia is completed completely recovery the Soviet tank T-34/76 up to a running condition. This tank served of Germany, before as it was flooded. I can send photos of this tank to anyone interested.
    In Russia, in a museum Kubinka is completed completely recovery the German tank Hetzer up to a running condition. The video can be looked:
http://www.kubinka.ru/archive/video/2.MPG
http://www.kubinka.ru/archive/video/1.MPG

    Our club did not take part in restoration of these two tanks. I have informed only news from Estonia and Russia. I want to repeat, our club did not take part in restoration of these tanks. The Soviet tank in Estonia restored club "OTSING". German Hetzer restored museum Kubinka".

    Recently, on List armour" the post was:
>>> It's amazing what continues to be gun up in the former Soviet Union. These Tiger I components recently appeared on the website www.wwiireenacting.co.uk. On the same website was a picture of a recovered StuG together with a report that a sunken German supply ship was carrying 10 more StuGs and two Jagdpanzers. The near-complete StuG lacked only its gun and this may well have simply fallen from its mounting when the ship sank+
    And take a look at' http://www.mil.hiiumaa.ee/2000_09_14_kurtna_T-34-36/index.html for a stunning series of pictures of a complete Soviet T-34 being dragged from the boggy shores of a lake somewhere on the island of Hiiumaa in the Republic of Estonia.

    To the address: http://www.mil.hiiumaa.ee/2000_09_14_kurtna_T-34-36/index.html also photos T-34/76 about which I wrote in the post from 19.10.2003 are located.
    On a website: www.wwiireenacting.co.uk photos of part Tiger I which has been found by our club Poisk" near to the city of Orsha (Belarus) are shown. I wrote about this event on List armour" earlier. In this photo is shown director of our club Igor Matjuk. These parts are offered for sale now. Anyone interested in purchase of this part Tiger I can enter contact to me.
    There spoken about 10 StuGs and two Jagdpanzers which have sunk on a German vessel. I wrote this article also. But, in this article also there is wrong information.
    Probably all these mistakes occur because of my bad English language. But, why editors do not correct these mistakes when I write about them? If a mistake to not correct, in this case, people will receive the wrong information. I think that it is necessary for editors to correct mistakes.
    Best regards,
Nikolay Panov.
V.Gastinec, 75-86
222310, Molodechno