Re: [MV] CUCV Problems

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 16:39:40 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "noel shelley" <noel@shelley1722.freeserve.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] CUCV Problems

> but if it sits for more than 3 days,
>
> This sounds like a very small air leak , SOMEWHERE , allowing fuel to
drain
> back . Check ALL fuel lines and consider lift pump diaphram or valves if
> applicable ! Filter housing , bleed screws
> The most likely place is on the suction side , since leaks on the pressure
> side will show as fuel, NORMALLY !
>
> Often take some finding, Good Luck , Noel

I've also come across a couple (my own 1009 included) with leak issues
either between the filter and filter base, or either drain cock seal. I
don't have the info in front of me unfortunately, but from what I remember
the drain cock seal was a known problem at GM, and a replacement style was
made available. Maybe someone else around this place will be able to
remember the details.

It's a good idea to sort all this stuff out as it happens because those
starters do NOT like long winding sessions trying to start your vehicle.
Been there, done that.