Re: [MV] rch

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 06:59:37 PST

Dick et al:

As you probably know, except in certain Scandanavian countries, and in a few
northern states of the US, the BCH is a very rare commodity indeed. There is
a whole underground industry that thrives on the counterfeiting of BCH's.
The proof, though, is in the final close examination. Often a product
purported to be a BCH is, in actuality, a unit that has been artificially
enhanced to appear to be a BCH, but upon closer scrutiny, will be exposed as
having come from a factory that produces only H's of some other color.

Some of the attributes to watch for, in the event that one suspects that a
BCH is, in fact, a bogus product:

Thickness, helical orientation, coarseness, and uneven texture.

In my years of research into this subject, I have amassed a great deal of
anecdotal evidence, and some hard facts. It is my conclusion that one should
take every precaution when measuring with a BCH, in order not to introduce
an error factor that will someday disappoint the user.

It is always disappointing to discover that what is openly claimed to be one
thing is, upon opening the box, a product that in no way resembles the
advertisement on the lid.

Dr. A P Bloom