Got my Scout car title today

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 20:12:29 PST

After several months of waiting I finally got my Scout car title in the mail
today. The funny thing about my wait is that it was put on hold because the
VIN number matched a stolen vehicle.

When I applied for the title in September the 6 digit number from the frame
brought up a match. My 1940 White M3A1 scout car had the same VIN number as
a stolen 2000 John Deere. It took the DMV over 2 months to confirm that
these two "vehicles" were indeed not the same vehicle. In fact if I hadn't
called them Friday it would still be in limbo.

At any rate I am very pleased to have a title with the proper 6 digit VIN
number and the make and model correct. Why is this important? If I had
titled it as a 2004 home made vehicle that might pose certain problems with
safety standards and emissions. That might be fuel for a law suit should
anyone ever get hurt while riding in it.

I must give credit to the SC DMV. I only made the one trip to the office in
September and then the one call Friday. They very quickly printed the title
and mailed it out after I inquired about it.

Now to finish the garage I am building for it so I can get back to work on
the car. It's got to have a home.

Joe Trapp
www.joetrapp.com
www.m3a1scoutcar.com