parts source for International Harvester owners

From: Colin M Rush (chesnimnus@juno.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 12:05:59 PST

Hello,
        This message is directed toward any owners of military vehicles
made by IHC, or with IHC parts (like Marmon-Herrington). I have started
working for a place called Scout Parts, which sells parts online for
light line trucks and 4x4s made by IHC from the late 1950s to 1980.
While none of what we have is of interest to MV owners, I now have access
to a parts source that has a lot of old NOS parts going back to the
1930s, and some of it is for big trucks like ours. If anyone is looking
for a part for their old military vehicle, and you have exhausted all
other sources, feel free to give me a try. I will need the IHC part
number, not the NSN or other number. These are the numbers found in the
books put out by International Harvester, not the military editions. If
you have a casting number, that will work too, as IHC usually cast their
part number into the part. Parts like engine parts (that were used by
other civvie trucks) will have more chance of being found than parts like
canvas tops (which are military-exclusive). Anyway, I just wanted to
throw that out. Have a good Christmas.
-Colin Rush