M170

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Dec 23 2004 - 12:22:09 PST

Some time after first of year I am going to rebuild brake system on my M170,
master cylinder is bad now. I intend to replace it and all wheel cylinders,
brake shoes also if they show and wear, vehicle is only showing about 10
thousand miles but is close to 50 years old..

>From memory wheel cylinders are different from M38a1.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated, also parts source. I think I can
get wheel cylinders local using casting number but would hate to get it
apart and not be able to.

Any suggestions about rear -- it looks like axle has to be pulled to get
drums off??

One more item: Is there a source for pages of maintenance manual available
on line that I can print out? I have book but hate to use it for my big
fingers will leave terrible marks on it when I get frustrated and thumb
through book to see why this (what ever I am doing) is not working right.

Thanks in advance

Everette

“Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things.
You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.” General Robert E.
Lee, C.S.A.