Re: [MV] Trip stats

From: Squirt_Truck (squirt_truck@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 2004 - 13:03:10 PST

Sounds like a fun trip Bjorn..
Great fuel consumption.
No suggestion on the Right mirror, except use the big
california ones.
BUT,
 on the instrument illumination, I have a fix for
that...
First, add a third instrument panel lamp between the
speedo and tach, roughly in line with the two
originals. Second, the lamps that go in the instrument
light unit is WRONG, (Yes the "proper" lamp is wrong.)
The filament(spelling?)is far to deep in the bulb, it
is actually below the level of the windows of the
nstruments. Radio Shack sells a 14v lamp that has the
filament in the upper portion of the bulb. With the
panel lamps on DIM with the three fixtures and the
proper bulb all instruments are VERY readable, and
border on overbright when the bright setting. I have
yet to replace one of these 14v lamps and have been
running them for over a year.

Give it a try (even in the two lamp configuration) and
let us know what you think.

Have a Merry Christmas

Squirt_Truck