RE: [MV] spacers for trailers

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 15:28:52 PST

Commenting on the spacers. There are unsafe designs out there. Just pick up
a JC Whitney catalog and you will see some of them which are used to create
dually pickups without using the proper axles. Some are safe designs and
some are not. It seem like the ones you are using ae a safe product IMHO.
As far as legality. They are illegal for certain uses, primarily commercial
vehicles on public roads. They are addressed in the codes. For your use on
a little trailer in personal use they are legal.

Glenn
MVPA
MTANJ