Re: [MV] NDCC tubeless tire? Why not?

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 20:26:26 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Gill" <rmgill@mindspring.com>

"What size tires do these buck a pound rims take??"

What, have steel prices when up that much :-)

Well here's another question. I have noticed the military tires are thin
non radial tires. In other words cheap (I'm sorry, was I supposed to say
inexpensive?)

The truck tires on our dump trucks are much thicker in the side walls. They
are all radials too. Of course they cost about $250 a tire. I have also
noticed some of my NDCC tires are recaps. If you can get NDCC tread for
recapping a tube tire why not a tubeless tire? Recaps on the rear and new
on the front. That would be cheap enough. It just seams to me we MV
collectors and users should be able to buy reasonably priced rubber for our
trucks that can be on safe and easy to fix rims.

I'm now on a quest. I will start to study sizes and numbers and molecular
makeup of all truck tires I see tomorrow. I did sneak up to the concrete
truck last week and measure it's tire height. It's big beautiful super
single tires where 45" tall. OH I need a life.

Joe Trapp