Re: troop trailers

From: Brian Placzankis (plaz@mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 05:42:54 PST

Thanks Cliff!

Yeah! That is if there was actually standoff room to actually slam it. ;-)

I can remember having the door "squeezed" shut on us against the resistance of us and our gear - kind of like an overstuffed trunk for a family vacation. Some pinching may have also occured but you could never tell if the individuals near the door were being serious in their protests or just hamming it up for the NCO.

You're right on with the 70. I was pretty confident that the number was actually higher than even the typical overloaded 4 squad platoon in a training environment that I stated but my memory wasn't airtight on this and I didn't want to overstate the amount.

I might be headed back to Lewis again within the next year so I will be sure to ask the right folks there if the cattlecars are still packing them in like they did for us.

Stay safe! We look forward to seeing you back in Aberdeen at the MV show either this spring or the next depending on when your tour is up.

plaz
1985 M1008