Re: [MV] tsunami

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 19:34:54 PST

I think part of the problem is that the nay sayers
don't really realize just how long it takes to GET
THERE!

The first supplies had to be flown in by C-130's, that
by itself would have taken days to coordinate and
effect. A C-130 isn't a fast airplane, it also needs
a place to land safely.

It will take a ship leaving San Francisco about three
weeks to get there!!

Some people don't seem to realize that. If they can't
be constructive with what they say tell them to get to
work, if they have better ideas they should get
started on them instead of criticizing the people who
are getting things done.

Joe

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/12/30/quake.usa.editorial.reut/index.htm

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/12/28/stingy.americans.ap/index.html