Re: [MV] Tsunami

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 05:51:58 PST

How about the recent hurricanes that hit Florida so badly, billions of
dollars worth of damage and how much aid was sent by anyone? Not to mention
9/11 and all the hurricanes of previous years some of which wiped out much
of the low lying areas of the US. How much aid was sent to us? How many
countries sent food, water, personnel, ships, planes, any kind of help what
so ever? Who has EVER sent ANYTHING to the USA in times of trouble?
Someone give me an amount, any amount, anything at all, can you?

Now on the other hand give me a total of what we have sent in money, food,
personnel, ships, planes, and every other kind of aid that there is. It's
in the multi billions, probably trillions and all we ever get for it is
grief. Grief from the very people that we help. Grief from most of the
world for what we did or didn't do that in their minds wasn't right for all
the reasons that Mr. Closson stated so well. Even grief from the people in
this country that find fault with everything and anything that is done by
anybody just so their agenda, (whatever that may be), can be heard.

If we would stop sending money to the entire world, (where most of it is
siphoned off into the "leaders" pockets), and spend that same money here
there would be no homeless people. There would be no starving people. We
would not need an income tax. In fact we would be so well off that we could
pull all of our troops back from the countries that don't want them there,
protect our borders and have a very nice country to live in.

Don't get me wrong, I love this country but it would seem that we should get
tired of being spit upon by the people that we help and the put downs by a
lot of the rest of the world, pull our people and money back in and let the
rest of the world "work it out" as best they can. I wonder how long it
would be before the crying started? I wonder if then the peoples attitudes
would change and things would start to flow both ways instead of the one way
that it flows now? I wonder how much better off we would be?

Ed