Re: Army Adding Armor in Iraq

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 10:51:25 PST

FYI...

M113/A3 armored personnel carrier and the M577 command
post carrier. Both will be tougher and safer than
newly armored Humvees.

Army officials who pushed hard over the last two years
for getting the M113 into duty in Iraq said it was
more useful, cheaper and easier to transport than the
Army's new wheeled Stryker armored vehicle, which also
is in use in Iraq.

By the way, the photo was just GI humor, I hope you
saw it as humor and if you didn't see it as funny, my
heartfelt appologies!!!!

I shouldn't have showed this link to the list as maybe
its too controversial and it might have offended some
sensitive readers. So please don't look at this
link...ok? Promise? It's not that funny...in fact as
someone said, its ill-informed, incorrect and bigoted
crap. Hmmm...well, perhaps, I just thought it was
funny.

Here's the link again to that terribly offensive
photo...just in case you missed it. But, remember
you've been warned not to look.

http://www.milveh.com/1.htm