Re: [MV] interesting picture

From: Stephen L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 13:26:59 PST

Looking @ the original uniform worn by my brother during the buildup to
the first Iraqi war. He was there VERY early. He got boots made over
there using camel hide. They wore a samll American flag kinda rolled up
so just some of the blue field & stripes could be seen on the band around
their helmets.
  On their RIGHT upeer arm was worn their American flag patch. It does
face "backwards" as in the field is to the front & it appears to be
waving backwards, towwards the rear.
  THIS IS FACT. I don't remember EXACTLY the reason, but it was some
kinda conseesionto the other forces or countries they were fightin outa
of for some reason.
  I will e-mai lhim & ask for clarification. Funny thinkg is he was
there form before the beginning to the end & then stayed on in Turkey for
years later. 2nd war he was there form before the real buildup to a
couple days after the envasion began. Hmm. Important guy ? Maybe a
spook ? Nope. Head guy on the ground ofr AAFES. Yep, the BX manager.
Steve