Dong Feng anyone? And actual MV exhaust question

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@atlanticbb.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 08:37:27 PST

I tend to agree. I am not anti-union but do feel that they have too much
power.

How many times have we seen the union shops close rather than cut wages and
benefits? Which completely stops the wages and benefits completely ....
well, at least all but unemployment.

I was shocked whe the past governor in Maryland made it a requirement that
Maryland State Employees HAD to join a union. What possible benefit could
that have had on the state? I was working then and the only change that I
noticed was that we supposedly had union representation that we were
supposed to vote for every year. Well in about 3 or 4 years of being in a
union there were no election of officers cast by any of us in law
enforcement. Just the appointed leadership who also drew up the "charters?"

Hey, wait a minute, I think I'm on to something. Yes, I am, thinking back
to the union president, now I remember where Jimmy Hoffa is ... he is alive
and doing very well, working in Annapolis. <grin>

*********************************

Okay, the mil. veh. question.

I used my duece (non-turbo multifuel) in two parades recently transporting
USMC Vets. Some of the vets have commented about the exhaust filling the
back of the truck while they were in the parade.

I am not very familiar with the exhaust system peculiarities of the duece so
can use some help here. Does anyone know if the exhaust can be set up with
say, a "Y" shaped section of pipe, shutoff valve(s) and additional pipe that
would exit behind the cab but down low so as not to cause this problem in
the future?

I don't want to remove or totally disable the present exhaust stack but
would like to temporarily disable it for parades.

Thanks for any help here,

Bill Kealey
MVPA 24623
1954 USMC M38A1