Re: [MV] Another GL auction ends

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 19:44:30 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Schlesinger (MTA)" <fred@mtaofnj.us>
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 7:21 PM
Subject: [MV] Another GL auction ends

> http://www.govliquidation.com/list/e1231
>
> Crazy prices for junk. Makes my truck look like a good investment, not a
fuelish toy.

Heh. I was watching a few of the 900-series in Hawaii earlier today and
wondering what people were thinking. At work we pretty much figured out
whoever bought them owned a shipping company to enable it to be cost
effective enough to ship to the mainland - or otherwise owned a sizeable
Hawaiian pineapple plantation in desperate need of some rusty 5-tons.
Either way - pass-o-rama.

(Though I was thinking of putting floats on one of them, naming it the
"Kon-Tiki", and inviting National Geographic along for the ride back to the
nearest continental landfall. Then I could sell videos and keychains and
calendars and earn enough to buy a decent one for 6K through GSA! Win-win.)