RE: [MV] Ikes Surplus-- I hope this is the end of this unfortunate thread. Judge Judy's decision

From: Fred Schlesinger (MTA) (fred@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 06:22:07 PST

As usual, Bruce is right, Jim.

I think that everyone who has been subject to this vitriol should get a free subscription, at least,
or, if you want to buy me dinner, that would be ok too. I like steak and lobster.

Seriously, listers should be careful about what they write here. Some of the listers use this list
as part of their business, and almost universally, they are great businessmen, and very customer
service oriented. Some do it full time, some supplement their income, and some are just selling off
a part of their hobby.

And everybody screws up an order sometimes. A persistent lister like Brian, and I'm not saying he
didn't have cause, can do a lot of harm to that business, and, like what happens in the press when
they get a hold of a story, there is no way to regain your reputation.

So Ike is stuck publicly giving away free stuff in an attempt to counteract this bad publicity. He
is between the proverbial rock and a hard place, and he can't win. Where someone like Ike has a big
investment in a product like Mildocs, this is tantamount to extortion.

I'm sure that Brian didn't mean it that way, he was just po'd over 20 bucks, in other words, it was
an argument over principal. Nobody would do all that work for 20 bucks.

Unfortunately for both of them, now that we have heard the whole story, nobody can really tell what
happened, including the principal parties.

So, lets play Judge Judy: I should probably be recused because I once bought some of those brass
stencil sets from Ike several years ago. They were delivered as advertised, and they are NOS and in
perfect condition.

Well here goes: I can't believe that he would risk the kind of bad publicity he got by taking
someone's 20 bucks for nothing. That being said, I also believe that Brian sent the money and was
frustrated that he got nothing. I take judicial notice that emails fill up in an inbox and often
get deleted by accident. I further believe the expert testimony that spam blockers and other
software that are designed to help eliminate spam emails does not work perfectly and sometimes
blocks non spam, especially where those emails contain certain unmentionable four letter words like
"you F___ me and stole my $20" or I'm a gonna come up there and punch you in the F______ nose".

Therefore it is my judgement that this all was an unfortunate accident. I find for the defendant,
not guilty, now go out there and talk to Rusty.

-- Fred
MTA
MVPA

M35A2W/W