Brakes on my Scout car

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 12:43:02 PST

I am finally getting around to doing some real work on my Scout car was
wondering if any of you guys know if I can get things like brake wheel
cyclinders at NAPA or some other source of new stuff. I don't want NOS that
is 60 years old. I learned my lesson years ago about buying old stuff with
rubber parts (61 Falcon fuel pump).

I am also debating leaving the brake shoes alone. They have about 1/4" of
aspestos on them and on something I will only drive a few hundred miles a
year, that might last a while. Even so I don't want trouble. Any opinions
about that?

Thanks,
Joe Trapp