RE: [MV] H.E.T. Gun truck

From: Jim Breneman (jimbre_7@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 14:27:28 PST

Your right, the Army typically dosn't worry about
mileage. But during my time as an operations SGT I
vividly remember worrying a whole lot about fuel
consumption. Then again, this is an Army at war. Lots
more budget to go around.

I did mean 3-5 Gallons Per Mile. But that usage was
under load with an Abrams. so it might get as good as
3-5MPG without. At least thats what a driver told me a
few years ago. I remember thinking that it isnt that
much better than an Abrams mileage.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/10427810.htm