Re: [MV] Eve of destruction

From: flyn3nvt@adelphia.net
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 06:40:20 PST

 Eve is the only origional Gun Truck from the Vietnam war. She was shipped home by the Unit commander to the Museum in 1972. Before leaving RVN, the truck was depot and in perfect condition and was shipped state side with her origional weapons stored in crates and are still on the truck today (though crudly de-mil'd) In the yr of 2002, some of the transportation vets assembled for a reunion at Eustes for what they now named "The Gathering". After talking with the curator at the museum, I was able to have them open up "eve" after being put in the new building for the last few yrs. 2 of the origional crew members showed that served on her at the same time. Her driver and the twin fifty gunner at the rear of the box. When jerry opened the door and slid behind the wheel after 31 yrs apart........he said "no I dont think its right.........it cant be right at all" with a puzzled look on his face.
"whats that jerry" i said.
he replied " I dont remember this steering wheel being so close!!!"

Jeff in VT