Re: [MV] M1010 Ambulance Electrical/Charging problems

From: Mike (michael@tsixroads.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 19:10:42 PST

The blue box on the left fender steps down the 28v output of one of the alternators to 14v to charge the front battery. Even if it is bad or not even hooked up it would not cause your problems. Slaving the truck might not give you 12v for the lights if you have a dead front battery.

I would first check to be sure the front battery is charged then I would check for 12v at the 12v buss next to the glow plug relay on the firewall. It is feed with a red wire that is part of the wire that connects the two batteries together. Just before it connects to the buss it changes to a blue fussable link.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS