Re: [MV] MV's In The Movies

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 14:39:48 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Saber Moon" <moonsaber@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] MV's In The Movies

> I caught sight of a HMMWV in the background in a 'past' shot in the
> new Battlestar Galactica.. it's an upcoming episode, but look out for
> when they do footage of Zach Adama's death, and Kara's (Starbuck's)
> Flashbacks of it. During the scene on the airpad, a HMMWV can be
> clearly seen.

BG wanted to go low-tech with everything using the rationale that only the
low-tech gear survived the Cylon computer attacks where the newer stuff all
succumbed. That's why Adama and Tighe etc. are using old TA-1/PT
sound-powered Vietnam era field phones when they bark out orders on the
Galactica bridge, and the Vipers have the "classic" 1979 series look instead
of something updated for the sake of looking updated. It
extended all the way down through their props and set-dec requirements too,
so it's no surprise the vehicles followed suit.

Work did some of the props and set-dec for that show (keep an eye open for a
1960's ex-US Army Field X-Ray unit on some of the first-season eps!), but I
think the vehicle order went to another area outfit (also owned by MVPA
members, btw.) I sure hope they use a Land Ram on this show along the lines
of the one they used in the old series. I sure have some suggestions for
'em!