Re: [MV] Any MV stuff in Ft. Worth Area? (repost)

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 07:04:44 PST

At 6:19 AM -0800 1/19/05, mark witham wrote:

>Like all things in Texas, everything is a long way
>apart but its pretty easy to get around.

Just down the road a bit...means a lot more in Texas.

For folks in the Eastern US, Texas (and most of the middle states)
are just big and wide. For someone from Europe, I suspect it's
mindboggling. I had to sit down and explain to a woman who was
marrying a friend how big the US really was with a map and table of
distances. She was Dutch Irish and hadn't really traveled the US yet.
The fact that the drive time from Atlanta to Miami was the same as
from Atlanta to DC surprised her. The time it took to get driving non
stop to Washington State was even more surprising for her.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -