To M1010 Wizards

From: Charles J. Miller (nsaamiller@nvc.net)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 18:27:13 PST

Now I understand that the issue of the various charging woes of the M1010
has been discussed in the past (2003), but seemingly a definite answer was
never given.

It appears that all the 12v power is drawn from the front battery creating
an unequal draw situation. There was a DUVAC mod, but I have been unable to
track down the PS issues that covered that.

Looking at it today, it would seem that by placing a "battery equalizer"
such as those from Sure Power (mfg for DUVAC - which is no longer around)
from both batteries to the 12v harness block, rather than fiddling with the
alternator, would be an acceptable alternative.

Any RKIs who can comment? Neil Amrhein? "Ronzo"? Mike Howell?

Thanks!
charles