like trucks? join ATHS

From: Marc Strangfeld (mjstrangfeld@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 02:09:59 PST

I just thought I would make a pitch for the American
Truck Historical Society. It is similiar to the MVPA
in that it is dedicated to help restore and preserve
old iron. You'll learn every thing there is to know
about all the old highway trucks, their cargo,
engines, and most importantly the drivers. Every
other month you get a high quality magazine called
Wheels of Time. It's delivered on the off month when
you won't get Military Vehicles so it's nice to have
something come every month. This month's magazine had
an article about Hall Scott engines. Some of you may
know the M26 Dragon Wagon was powered by a large Hall
Scott gas engine. There was also an article on the
history of a particular logging outfit that used a lot
of surplus CCKW's.

In addition to the magazine the club has a large
convention every year, similiar to the MVPA's
convention. This year it is in Auburn, Indiana at the
Kruse Auction Park that way you can visit the WWII
Victory Museum and see the truck show.

Hope you'll all join up,

Marc Strangfeld

here is a link to their site
http://www.aths.org/
otherwise call
1-816-891-9900

PS Still waiting for spring. Too much salt on the
roads and I don't want the rust holes in the fenders
to get any bigger. Although I still go start it once
in a while just to smell the diesel fumes and hear it purr.