Southern Regional HS Vietnam History Day

From: Bruce Kalin (convoy@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 05:12:22 PST

FRIDAY, MAY 6, 2005

Please mark your calendars and plan for the day!

This is you chance to really make a difference in the way HUNDREDS of
kids see the history of our trucks, our troops, and our hobby. Every
history class in the school gets to come out and learn what part our
trucks played in the Vietnam War. (Ok, conflict for the pacifists).

Join the MTA of NJ members who helped to start this annual event at
Southern Regional High School in Manahawkin, NJ (just outside of LBI)
about 40 minutes north of Atlantic City.

It's a straight shot down the parkway, to exit 63 (route 72), or across
route 70 from the Philly area, into route 72.

Rolling thunder, Vietnam Reinactors, the MTA members, and - a Huey
landing are all scheduled for the day. We are going to try and plan a
battle reenactment, with our vehicles as well. If you have a gas gun,
please make plans to bring it!

Not too often will you have an opportunity like this. Please help - the
more vehicle types, the better the presentation.

Col. Ed, Randy, the gun truck crew, and several others have already
expressed a desire to participate.

Contact me if you have ANY questions, or better yet - let me know that
you are coming. I'll do whatever possible to help you get here.

PS: We get a free lunch from the school, and I buy dinner for every MTA
member that wishes to join me before they head home.

--
Bruce Kalin
Convoy coordinator