It's Alive!! Genset saga winds to a close!

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 12:24:07 PST

Well at last I have 2 running gensets. As the saga goes, back in Sept we got
waffled with 2 hurricanes. Just before the first one I stopped off at Wayne
Harris' place and horsetraded him out of a 10KW set. Once the storm was past I
set off to get it running. No go! Ordered new carb from Saturn and UPS lost it.
The magneto wasn't producing spark either. Luckily, my brothers power was
restored quickly and I scammed his genset. Another list member then offered me
another 10KW that was running but not making juice. I run to the west coast of
FL and get that one. Got it running, confirmed that it wasn't producing juice
and stripped the mag out of it for the other 10KW. I finally get the original
running and you guessed it, no juice. So since sept I've been fooling with
these things in my spare time. The other day I took the non working mag apart
and did some troubleshooting with the help of a friend. Low & behold we fixed
it. I reinstalled it and now both 10KW sets are running. I've learned through
contacts on the list that regulators are a problem with these sets. Today I
stripped a regulator out of a parts genset and installed it in genset one and now
i'm making power!! WooHoo! I'll be sending off the faulty regulator in an
attempt to get the second 10KW making juice too! I'm so happy!!!!!!!! Stay tuned
for further developments!

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
69 M756A2
73 M275A2
76 M447C
77 M887
numerous M105 trailers
More non running military generators than uncle sam.

"Never argue with an idiot! They will drag you down to their level and beat
you with experience every time!"
http://hometown.aol.com/recovry4x4/myhomepage/photo.html
http://tired-iron.mounet.com/kenny.htm