M45 Quad .50 Iron Sight (WWII impression)

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 07:08:53 PST

I'm looking for specifications, drawings, photos (or the real thing).

I would love to have an original WWII iron sight for my quad, but don't
think I could afford the real thing. I could probably fabricate a decent
reproduction if I had something I could copy.

Trying to get the M16 half-track ready for the Iwo Jima +60 event at the
Nimitz Museum in Fredericksburg, TX, and I've got only the dovetail for
mounting the M18 reflex sight, which I don't believe would have been used
during WWII.

If anyone can help, or if you know a museum or somewhere that I could
examine an original iron sight, please contact me off-list.

- John Brian Seeling
  Alexandria, LA