Re: [MV] Tire Chains on MVs

From: Krogerma@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 10:22:46 PST

Hello, Bjorn, hello, everybody:

I was thinking about putting 11 inch tires on my deuce next year. However, reading this mail about chains and looking out at my truck, I got to wondering what is the max tire size I could run and still have room for chains in the winter. I was also thinking about putting John Tennis' wide rims on the deuce and singling it out with 14 inch tires. But from where I sit (inside my warm office, I'm not going outside in the -16 degree heat in NY) it looks like you couldn't put that big of a tire on the back tandem wheels even without chains.

Does anybody know the largest tire sizes that can be run, with and without chains?

-Kurt Matis
Troy, NY