Re: [MV] MV with front end damage. Probably will not appear on the GL site for awhile

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 18:31:09 PST

According to a friend in NSA, the sub was traveling full speed, which is
classified, but he assures me it was in excess of 40 knots. The SONAR
operator had no time to warn the CON, and the sub struck a geological
formation that was not on the charts. They had no time for evasive maneuvers
or anything else. It is very sad.

apb