Re: [MV] A British M114???

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 09:15:00 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "david gudmunsen" <kroctec@btopenworld.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 2:14 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] A British M114???

> Hi Guys,
>
> Reverse printing of vehicles photographed out of their home country is a
> common enough occurence. Perhaps slightly less common is the foreign pic
> turned around just because the nation where the pic is printed drives on
the
> other side of the road. My guess would be that it is as common in the US
as
> it is elsewhere.
>
> I do remember watching a British film series where two police officers ran
> out of a building got into their LEFT hand drive police car and drove off.

There's another classic in the Burt Lancaster film "Go Tell the Spartans"
about the early U.S. involvement in Vietnam. They're in this little empty
ville called Muc Wa and they look up to see a helicopter approach/depart,
and because they were likely looking in the wrong direction as respects an
earlier shot, the editors reversed the film. Normally not a problem if it's
a tight shot of heads and hands shielding the sun from their eyes, but a
huge problem when your nametape etc. appears on the wrong breast pocket of
your uniform, and announces to the world your membership in the YMRA SU.

(nice shots of ancient M38A1s and early-VN helos in this film.)