Re: [MV] Out of ideas... M151 still misses

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2005 - 12:06:12 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: Cliff S
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Out of ideas... M151 still misses

> Didnt someone else just have a problem like this???? Wasnt his fix in the
dist cam lobe gap?

I had one M151 distributor with so much shaft slop that the rotor would spin
eccentrically and even clobber opposing contacts in the distribtor cap as it
passed. That was another 'missing' adventure which I don't care to repeat.
The only way I eventually figured it out was because the entire top of the
shaft broke off at the counterweights when I was on the freeway one day, and
gave away what had been going on.

Nobody I've spoken to up to that point or since has ever heard of such a
thing happening with any of that type of distributor. Lucky me.